We know all of the amazing benefits of using positive affirmations for ourselves, to build up our self-worth and self-esteem, but did you know that using positive affirmations for kids can help empower them and build their self-confidence too?
Just like adults, kids can also benefit from hearing positive statements about themselves on a regular basis.
These positive affirmations for kids can help build their confidence, encourage them to try new things, and remind them that they are loved and capable individuals.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
A positive affirmation is a statement that affirms, or reinforces, something positive. They are simple positive phrases that are designed to overcome negative self-talk, and replace this negative thinking with positive thoughts.
When you repeat a positive affirmation to yourself, you are effectively re-programming your mind to believe the statement, reinforcing the positive self-talk, changing your belief systems, and shifting to a more positive mindset.
Positive daily affirmations are a powerful tool that can be used for any number of purposes, including increasing self-esteem, reducing anxiety, encouraging positive thinking and a growth mindset, and improving focus.
Why Use Positive Affirmations?
Kids are often bombarded with negative messages, both from within and from the world around them. Negative messages can lead to low self-esteem, anxiety, and a lack of confidence, even in young children.
Positive affirmations can help counterbalance the negative messages with positive words and help kids to develop a more positive outlook, while focusing on the good things that are happening in their lives.
When used consistently, positive affirmations can help kids to build confidence, feel better about themselves, and develop more positive beliefs.
Benefits Of Positive Affirmations For Kids?
Using positive affirmations for kids can be part of a powerful strategy that can help activate the part of the brain that creates new neural pathways, overcomes negative beliefs, and creates a positive change for new thought patterns and positive thinking.
Positive affirmations can help kids in many ways, including:
- Empowering them to believe in themselves
- Helping them to develop a positive outlook on life
- Building their confidence
- Increasing their self-esteem and creating a positive self-image
- Reducing anxiety and stress
- Allowing them to focus on positive energy
Tips for Using Positive Affirmations For Kids
When using positive affirmations with kids, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the affirmations are realistic and achievable. For example, “I am the best at everything I do” is not realistic or achievable.
- Make sure the affirmations are stated in the present tense. For example, “I am confident” or “I am happy”.
- Don’t make the affirmations too long or complicated. Keep them short and simple.
- Repeat the affirmations often. The more you repeat them, the more likely your child is to believe them.’
How Can Kids Use Positive Affirmations?
There are a few different ways that you can use positive affirmations with kids.
- Repeat the affirmation out loud several times each day, like during your commute to school or after you pick them up
- Write the affirmation down on a piece of paper and have them carry it around with them
- Create a positive affirmations jar where you simply write the affirmations down on slips of paper and put them in a jar. Each day, have your child draw one out and read it aloud.
- Say the positive affirmations in front of a mirror
- Use affirmation cards and select one each day, or decorate their room with them
- Choose affirmations that your child resonates with. This will means they’ll be more powerful affirmations as they feel more positive feelings towards that affirmation
- Make a list of your favorite positive affirmations and draw pictures to go with them
List Of Positive Affirmations For Kids
The following is a list of positive affirmations that have been specifically selected for kids. You might find some to be more relevant than others, but allow your kids to find the affirmations they’re drawn to.
Here are 101 positive affirmations for kids that you can use to help empower and build their confidence:
1. I am unique and special.
2. I am loved.
3. I am enough.
4. I am worthy of love, respect, and friendship.
5. I can do anything I set my mind to.
6. I make mistakes, but that’s okay because it’s how I learn and grow.
7. I am capable and competent.
8. I can express my feelings in healthy ways.
9. It’s okay to be sad, angry, or scared sometimes – these are normal human emotions.
10. My thoughts and opinions matter.
11. I have control over my own life.
12. I can make choices that are best for me.
13. I am powerful.
14. I am strong.
15. I can handle whatever comes my way.
16. I am safe.
17. I am supported by the people who love me.
18. I am capable of handling anything that comes my way.
19. Things will happen in life, but I can always get through them.
20. I matter.
21. My voice matters.
22. I am significant.
23. My life has a great purpose.
24. I have what it takes to succeed in life.
25. I can do hard things.
26. Adversity makes me stronger.
27. I always have the power to choose my response to any situation, no matter how difficult it may be.
28. I am always learning and growing.
29. I can get through anything with courage and determination.
30. I am never alone – I have my family, friends, and community to support me.
31. Life is full of possibilities.
32. There is nothing I can’t achieve if I set my mind to it.
33. Every day, I am becoming the person I want to be.
34. I am grateful for all the good in my life.
35. I have everything I need to be happy and successful.
36. My positive attitude attracts positive people and experiences into my life.
37. I come up with great ideas often.
38. I love myself just the way I am.
39. I am a good friend.
40. If things don’t work the first time, I dust myself off and try again.
41. I am a good listener.
Positive Morning Affirmations For Kids
42. This is going to be a great day.
43. I am excited to face the challenges of today.
44. I am grateful for this new day.
45. I am open to all the good that life has to offer me today.
46. Today, I choose to focus on the positive.
47. I am surrounded by love and support.
48. Everything is going to work out for me today.
49. I am in control of my own happiness.
50. I am confident and capable.
51. I trust myself to make the right decisions today.
52. I am surrounded by abundance.
53. I am grateful for all the good in my life.
54. I release all negative thoughts and emotions from my mind and body.
55. I am at peace with myself and the world around me.
56. I fill my mind with positive, uplifting thoughts.
Positive Affirmations For Daughters
57. I am a confident, capable young woman.
58. I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
59. I am worthy of love and respect.
60. Boys/men are to be treated with respect, as equals.
61. My body is my own – no one has the right to touch me without my consent.
Positive Affirmations For Sons
62. I am a strong, capable young man.
63. I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
64. I am worthy of love and respect.
65. Girls/women are to be treated with respect, as equals.
66. My body is my own – no one has the right to touch me without my consent.
67. I am in control of my own life and destiny.
68. I create my own happiness.
69. I am confident and proud of who I am.
70. I always treat others with kindness and respect.
71. I am a good person, and I always try to do the right thing.
72. I am loved and supported by my family and friends.
73. I am grateful for all the good in my life.
74. I always strive to be the best person I can be.
75. I make a positive difference in the world.
Positive Affirmations To Say To Your Kids
76. I love you just the way you are.
77. You are perfect exactly as you are.
78. You are worthy of love and respect.
79. You are a gifted, talented individual with so much to offer the world.
80. You have everything you need to be happy and successful.
81. You are a kind, caring person with a lot of love to give.
82. You make me proud every day.
83. You are always growing and learning.
84. You have so much to offer the world.
85. You are loved and supported no matter what.
86. You are a valuable member of this family/community.
87. You are capable of great things.
88. You make a positive difference in the world.
89. You are never alone – I am always here for you.
90. You can accomplish anything you set your mind to.
91. You are strong, capable, and deserving of love and respect.
92. You are special and unique, just like a snowflake.
93. You always have a place in this family/community.
94. You are an amazing young person with so much to offer the world.
95. You are valued and appreciated.
96. You make me smile.
97. You brighten my day.
98. You are such a joy to be around.
99. You are always learning and growing.
100. You have so much to offer the world, and I can’t wait to see all the great things you’ll do.
101. You are an amazing, talented, intelligent individual, and I am so lucky to have you in my life.
I hope these positive affirmations for kids help empower and build confidence in your little ones!
Please feel free to share this post with other parents, guardians, and caregivers who might find it useful