Money affirmations are a powerful way to change your thoughts and beliefs about money.
Money has always been a topic of discussion, with some people believing it is the root of all evil while others believe that there’s no such thing as ‘bad’ money.
I’m firm in the camp of being an inanimate object and therefore cannot be either good or bad.
When you think about money, do you feel abundant or lacking?
If the latter sounds more like you, it’s time to put an end to those negative thoughts and start telling yourself positive ones instead!
Money is not something that should be feared; rather, when properly understood and handled correctly, it can bring great joy into your life.
You deserve financial abundance just as much as anyone else does!
So today I’m sharing with you 55 money affirmations to help you attract wealth and financial abundance into your life.
What Are Positive Affirmations?
Positive affirmations are positive statements that you say or write that help you to reframe your mindset.
Money affirmations are used because they are a great way to create positive money mindsets and overcome negative beliefs and negative thoughts about money.
It sounds super simple, but the thing is, our brain is so incredibly powerful, and it has an inbuilt system that wants to be right and it will look for things that prove to itself that it is right.
This is called the reticular activating system and you would have seen it or felt it before.
When it comes to money, it’s fairly simple – the more in ‘lack’ we feel we are and tell ourselves we are, the more lack we will notice.
Have you ever kept telling yourself ‘I’m so broke’ and then all of a sudden you get a bill in the mail, or an overdue fee pops up?
This is because our brain notices things in ways that reinforce our beliefs.
If we switch this out to a positive thought, telling ourselves how abundant we are and how money flows to us with ease, then we will notice all of the things that make us feel abundant – finding money on the ground, noticing an interest payment into our account, finding an old check we forgot we had.
Positive affirmations aim to change or develop the way we think about something, and in doing so, our brain tries to convince us that we are right in a very powerful way.
How To Use Daily Affirmations
Affirmations may appear to be something that only works in a dark room, repeating them while chanted, but they are actually a powerful tool that is quite easy to include in our daily lives.
One of the most important things to remember is that there’s really no right or wrong way to use your abundance affirmations.
As long as you’re using them with good intentions and not fuelling any negative thoughts, it’s more about doing something that resonates with you, rather than doing it perfectly.
However, some ideas you might like to try are:
- standing in front of a mirror and repeating to yourself your positive affirmation
- writing your positive money affirmations out on sticky notes and putting them all around your house
- writing out your positive money affirmation and keeping it in your wallet
- selecting your affirmation of the day and displaying it in your home somewhere
- creating a graphic with your favorite money affirmation and saving it as your home screen on your phone
- writing out specific affirmations (that resonate with you) over and over again
- using your favorite money affirmations as journal prompts
- choosing your favorite affirmations and creating artwork around them
- repeating daily affirmations to yourself first thing in the morning when you wake up
- writing your affirmations on the bathroom mirror in lipstick
- creating beautiful stickers out of your favorite affirmations
There’s no right or wrong way to use affirmations, so try out a few and see what works best for you.
However, creating a daily habit of using your affirmations, in a variety of ways, certainly increases the effectiveness and helps them work faster.
Do Positive Money Affirmations Work On The Subconscious Mind?
We mentioned before a little about the neuroscience behind affirmations, but it’s not just a theory about how the brain works, it’s actually backed up by science and psychotherapy.
Affirmations are even used in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and mental health treatments for issues such as anxiety and depression, they work brilliantly to improve self-love and confidence, and with the ability to reframe our mind, they can help us change how we feel about a particular area of our life.
In addition to being backed up by science, there’s a whole lot of people who anecdotally say they’ve worked for them as well.
Jim Carrey famously shares his story of writing himself a check for 10 million dollars years before landing his role in Dumb and Dumber which paid him exactly 10 million dollars.
When working with the power of the law of attraction, we look at how everything in the world is made up of energy and we each have a vibration level we put into the world.
In a nutshell, using powerful money affirmations help us raise our vibration, attracting to us an abundance of money, focus on our positive attitudes and positive actions, and therefore attract positivity to us.
How To Structure Your Money Affirmations
While we have a fantastic list of money affirmations for you to use below, you might feel like going off script a little, and finding your own money mantras that work for you.
That is wonderful!! Absolutely! By all means, go ahead!
One of the good things about financial affirmations (and affirmations in general) is that you can create your own, and therefore work out what the best affirmations are for you.
There are a few things to keep in mind in order to make sure your money affirmations are powerful and work the best for you.
- When creating money affirmations, it’s important to use positive language. This means avoid using the words “don’t” or “no.” Money affirmations are empowering so try to keep them that way.
- It is also important for you to use present tense. Money affirmations are most powerful when you start out by saying ‘I am’, rather than ‘I will be’. This reaffirms the belief that what you are saying is already so.
- You can only create affirmations for you – therefore use terms like ‘I am’. You cannot create affirmations for others, so using ‘you will’ or ‘he will’ won’t work.
- Make your affirmations specific, rather than saying ‘everything is fine’ say ‘I am safe and abundant’
- Keep your affirmations short and one sentence. You can use them as journal prompts to elaborate on later, but keep your main phrase short.
Why Your Money Mindset Matters
Our beliefs and our thoughts become things, and they manifest into the reality we live in.
Money isn’t just bills and coins or checking account balances, it is a concept we have created to represent value.
It’s important to see money as abundant and easy to access for you – because that’s what your mind will allow it to be.
Your money beliefs and thoughts surrounding the concept of wealth and prosperity were likely developed when you were a child.
Money is a subject that’s difficult for many people to talk about, as we often want to protect those we love from less than ideal circumstances.
As such, parents might avoid conversations with their children about money (in order not to worry them), friends might not talk about the state of their bank accounts, and we might feel awkward bringing up our own struggles with money.
However, these decisions on how to handle money matters affect us on a subconscious level.
The messages we receive or don’t receive, from our parents teach us at a very young age what money is and how we should (or shouldn’t) handle it: whether we should be afraid of having it, ashamed of having it, or excited about having it.
Think about the beliefs you have about money – who taught you about money, how do you feel about money?
It’s likely you have a wide range of beliefs about money that influence how you act towards and react to money that you didn’t even realize.
Positive Money Affirmations
Use the following list of money affirmations to improve your abundance mindset, let go of limiting beliefs (especially limiting money beliefs), and focus on positive thoughts and create positive changes in your life:
- I am a money magnet
- Wealth and abundance flow to me
- Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways
- I am open to receiving money
- I attract money easily and effortlessly
- I am worthy of financial abundance
- It is safe for me to be wealthy
- It is safe for me to be rich
- My income exceeds my expectations
- Wealth constantly flows into my life in many different ways
- I am able to confidently handle large amounts of money
- I have a positive relationship with money
- My past money mistakes do not define my financial future
- There’s plenty more money in the world for me
- I use money to create a positive impact on the world
- I am tapped into the universal supply of money
- I am constantly attracting new ways to make money
- Money flows to me in abundance and with ease
- It is safe for me to make money easily
- There is money all around me, waiting for me to claim it
- I am creating an abundant future for myself and my family
- It is safe for me to be the breadwinner
- It is safe for me to earn more money than I need
- It is safe for me to have savings
- I achieve my financial goals with ease
- It is safe for me to be financially secure
- I control my money, money doesn’t control me
- I am in control of my financial situation
- It is safe for me to have a lot of money
- The balance of my bank account does not impact my core values
- There are no limits to what I can and will achieve
- There is no limit to the amount of money I can and will receive
- My income is rising at a rapid rate
- Money is an unlimited resource and it is always flowing to me
- Every dollar I spend comes back to me multiplied
- I release all resistance to attracting money
- I enjoy making money and getting paid
- I love money and money loves me
- I am worthy of making more money than ever before
- It is safe for me to earn more money than anyone I know
- I have everything I need to be successful
- I am grateful for the money I have and the money that is coming to me
- I am worthy of the wealth I desire
- My finances improve every single day
- All the money I desire is already mine
- I am empowered to make financial decisions
- It is safe for me to enjoy money
- Money allows me to live a life I love
- I am in the right place to attract an abundance of money
- I am in control of my financial life
- I attract large sums of money into my life
- I am worthy of great wealth
- I am comfortable being surrounded by wealthy people
- I am worthy of financial success
- Money allows me to be my best authentic self
- I am grateful for the money I have
- There is always more than enough money in my life
- I am wealthy in more ways than one
- Money is constantly flowing into my life
- I love money
- I am in control of my money
- I am financially free
- I am open to receiving the money that flows to me
- Money is attracted to me
- I confidently ask for money
- Money always finds its way back to me
- I am generous with my money
- An incredible abundance of money is on its way to me
- I achieve my money goals with ease
- I believe there is enough money for everyone
- It is safe for me to spend money on myself
- It is okay for me to enjoy spending money
- I enjoy taking steps to grow my wealth
- I enjoy talking about money
- I am comfortable with money and money is comfortable with me
Will These Affirmations Make Me Rich?
If you’re here because you believe using positive affirmations will make money rain down from the skies and land in your lap, then I’m sorry to say but it just doesn’t work like that.
Money affirmations alone won’t make you rich, and you will still have to do the hard work.
Money affirmations can help improve your mindset and improve your focus, but they won’t generate wealth for you.
However, it is true that affirmations make you rich in the sense that:
- Daily affirmations can help you clearly visualize your goals and keep your goals at the forefront of your mind
- They help you open your mind to the abundance around you and can help you to see opportunities to make money that you may have overlooked otherwise
- It helps to put yourself out there in a confident way that can attract more financial opportunities to you (think asking for a promotion, marketing a new product to sell)
- They can help work on your subconscious mind to have you believe (and therefore make so) that you have enough money or even more than enough money, being more aware of your abundance
So while using affirmations alone won’t make you rich, using positive money affirmations every day will help you in many ways move towards your money goals and help you attract financial freedom and live an abundant life.